Welcome to Who Is Theodore Us?
This blog will in no way attempt to answer this question but instead chronicle my time spent wargaming and painting.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Horses and an Eagle

Lord of the Rings has always been an interest of mine since reading the Hobbit as a boy. Here are some of my current works in progress:

I am starting a new Rohan army. I'm aiming on having the whole army mounted. I've currently painted a command group and 12 infantry (I'll post pictures soon). These are the horses I'm working on for the first batch of riders. I really struggle to paint horses and am not totally happy with how they are coming along, but will wait until they are finished to make a judgment.



I'm also working on a mounted Glorfindel - again practising on the horse which I'm painting as a grey.
Finally, here is Gwahir that I've nearly finished. He just needs his eyes finishing, varnishing and basing. He's been quite quick to do and I'm looking forward to fielding him in a game as it will give some variation to my good armies.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I especially like the shading on the flesh, very well blended.

    ReplyDelete